Empower Me! Magazine is seeking experienced editors, writers and salespeople to join our team. Our editorial focus is on empowering the upwardly mobile professional woman by providing smart, relevant and timely articles. These positions are virtual, and applicants should have the ability to join team meetings via web conferences (e.g., Skype), teleconferences or by telephone.
Currently, the editorial positions are strictly volunteer. We expect volunteers to show the same level of dedication and professionalism as the rest of the staff. While currently unpaid, there is potential to come aboard in a paid position in the future subject to performance.
We seek experienced and novice writers to contribute to the print magazine. The only qualifications required are a passion for empowering women and strong sense of commitment. See our Writer’s Guidelines for more detail. We are paying $25 per accepted article in the topics of career management, entrepreneurship, finance, technology, professional development and/or business news. We will pay $50 for feature articles. Submit your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or download the writer guidelines for more information about the article submission process.
Upcoming Issue Topics
Spring 2013: The new entrepreneur: small businesses being created out of necessity and economic discord; adaptability and the art of reinvention; the business of Sports & Entertainment and the women in charge.
Summer 2013: Power Broker Networking; mentorship & the power of relationships; diversity best practices; career redesign; smart hiring for small business; workplace motivation.
Fall 2013: Technology levels the playing field for new business; women who excel in technology; smart tech for business; breaking into the business of tech; venture Capital check up.
Winter 2014: Exploring ex-pat careers; international career strategies; adapting to (and preparing for) a global economy and job market; international networking; education abroad.
We are looking for experienced and novice writers to contribute to the Empower Me! Magazine blog. Bloggers submit monthly or quarterly articles on a variety of business topics for digital publication. This is a volunteer position. Bloggers are featured on our contributor page, which may be viewed here.
Please submit all writing inquiries to email@example.com. Bloggers should also include at least one writing sample.
Do you tweet and use Facebook like a pro? Do you have a clear understanding of what it takes to build a social community? Do you take pride in customer service excellence and fancy yourself an entrepreneur of sorts? Do you understand the difference between a “brochure website,” a “publication” and why feeds are important? Do you understand that there is more to social media than just Twitter, Facebook & Linked In?
We are Empower Me! Corporation, a fast growing media, publishing and professional development company based in Atlanta, but with an international presence and reputation for empowering women to live their best professional life…fearlessly. We promote our website by organic search optimization (SEO), strategic social media optimization (SMO) and strategic, paid placement (PPC). Our Reputation Monitoring & Management and Branding objectives are comprehensive.
We seek a highly a motivated individual with experience and fanatical passion for blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership AND the empowerment of women. This position is voluntary for six months, but has the potential to turn into a full time salaried position pending performance. You will receive commission on new memberships generated as a result of your efforts as Community Manager. In the mean time, perks include attending mainstream and niche’ conferences, webinars, and teleconferences as available.
Qualifications and Experience
- Has at least an associates degree in advertising, marketing, graphics, web development, communications, English, IT, or related.
- Excellent research, writing skills and the ability to create editorial.
- Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or community management.
- Proficient with WordPress and social networking sites.
- Experience with blogging, microblogging and community forums.
- Understands the power of feed marketing.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented success in social media and social communities.
- Demonstrated ability drive our marketing strategy.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why your ideas are analytically sound.
- Management experience or ready for promotion to management.
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, sharing, bookmarking, etc. We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels.
- Possesses functional knowledge or some experience with HTML (desired).
- Knowledge of search engine optimizations- including basic keyword research.
- Has an ability to work in a team environment and lead a community team.
- Ability to communicate results to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with our customers/members to align service of their needs with our corporate objectives
- Grow and maintain a peaceful, energized community of genuine brand advocates; while offering a forum for interaction with caring, expressive contributing bloggers.
- Be the eyes and ears of our brand as if your own reputation depended on it.
- Edit and approve blog content on the forum, and be able to articulate why a post may not be appropriate or need editing.
- Participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, answer comments, be a mediator.
- Lead team of community volunteer staff.
- Approve content submitted by team members for feeds and postings in various social media sites.
- Schedule and organize multiple staff members who generate content for us.
The successful candidate will join our team as the community manager, and interact with our marketing and executive teams. Our Community Manager will oversee and contribute content to support our customers and corporate objectives and moderate user experience. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get to the next level, here’s what we need: 3 phenomenal salespeople who are born closers. We are looking for people who have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely client oriented, highly motivated and never quit. Most importantly, they work well with our team and understand our target demographics: the upwardly mobile professional woman who is blazing trails in the corporate world and building successful businesses in the entrepreneurial world. We are assembling a sales team that can deliver targeted advertisers for our media, digital and print properties. This is a commission only position for the first 6 months, with the ability to come on salaried with proven performance. Commission is payable at 40%.
- At least 3 years of print or online advertising sales experience with a deep understanding of social media, the internet advertising landscape and the online community market
- Demonstrated track record of meeting aggressive revenue goals at (ideally) a print magazine, an online publisher, social networking online community, or e-commerce site
- Stellar sales ability with an existing rolodex that can be leveraged into clients is highly preferred
- Ethical, bottom line driven, strategic thinker who is also a creative media sales conceptual/ideas person (Ethics is the crucial component!)
- Experience in creating media sales strategy proposals to clients
- Degree in marketing or media highly desired
- Must be able to work independently and as a group/team
- Must be able to work from home with video conferencing capability
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to deliver on time, on task…and have a sense of humor! (very important to the culture of our company)
- Must be comfortable with technology
As part of our Sales Team you will:
- Sell print and digital marketing opportunities to marketers in agencies and brands interested in career management, entrepreneurship, business growth, diversity, professional development, technology, social media, networking, and professional women
- Sell ad spots on our radio show and internet TV channel, as well as our social networking sites
- Manage personal portfolio of contacts with interactive marketers in agencies and brands
- Draw upon your solid reputation and relationships in the digital advertising market as well as your wealth of experience to help your sales team thrive
The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic and accountability for personal goals and performance with a strong desire to win! Must also have a proven track record of driving online advertising sales and achieving significant revenue at start-up organizations. This candidate should already have a solid contact list of decision makers at leading big-brand, consumer companies.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply online at . Only seasoned salespeople will be contacted for interviews. Those without the required experience will not be contacted. Due to the amount of responses, please no phone calls please.